The Planning Committee is organizing one technical trip during the AWRA 2023 Summer Conference.
Wednesday, July 19 | 12:00 - 5:00 PM
CSU's Spur Campus Hydro Building: A Partnership with Denver Water
Organizers: Greg Fisher, Denver Water and John Tracy, Colorado St. University | Denver, CO
Download a map of the campus and visit their website.
Photo credit: https://csuspur.org/hydro/.
Visit this incredible new laboratory where Denver Water performs more than 70,000 tests annually to monitor water quality in its watershed as well as its treatment and distribution systems.
CSU Spur provides more opportunities for Denver Water to collaborate with researchers on areas of innovation, policy, and education related to water challenges in urban, rural, and watershed environments. The new laboratory has the capacity to conduct more than 200,000 tests each year to keep up with increasing regulatory requirements and allows for more state-of-the-art equipment and more efficient workspace for technicians.
There are two ways to participate:
- Pre-registration is required and there is a maximum of 25 attendees.
- The fee is $72/person and includes transportation to/from and choice of boxed lunch.
- The bus will depart the hotel at 12:00 PM. The tour is approximately 2 to 2.5 hours.
- Please wear comfortable walking clothing and shoes.
Conference AND Technical Trip: Sign into the registration page, select your registration option (full or one day) and then add the Technical Trip as a program item to your registration.
- Technical Trip Only: Not attending the conference? You can still join the tour! To register ONLY for the Technical Trip, sign into the registration page and select "ONLY Technical Trip: CSU's Spur Campus Hydro Building" from the registration option section.