Call for Abstracts & Student Posters: Closed
Read these instructions entirely before submitting your abstract at the end of the page.
Before you submit an abstract, please do the following first:
- Clear your cache and cookies in the web browser and restart your computer.
- If the above does not work, please use a different web browser and consider using a nonwork computer. Often work computers have privacy settings that conflict with AWRA’s submission system.
For those wishing to submit abstracts for either oral or poster presentations, know that:
- Abstract submissions that are accepted will be posted to the conference app as submitted and changes will not be made after submission.
- Sessions are each 90 minutes long, allowing for a minimum of two session slots in the morning and two in the afternoon.
- Poster session will allow each presenter to discuss their research with multiple viewers and answer questions accordingly.
Types of Presentations
Individual Oral Presentations
Oral Presentations are typically organized with four to a session (sometimes fewer) grouped according to the same or similar topics. Such presentations allow 20-minutes for each PowerPoint presentation with 10 minutes for questions (for all session presenters combined).
Panel sessions focus on a unified topic, with multiple brief (10 -15 minutes each) presentations and a moderated discussion by the panel organizer. Panel sessions require just one abstract, submitted by the organizer. Please advise panelists that they must pay the registration fee.
Each talk is five minutes, limited to five PowerPoint slides. Separate abstracts are not required for lightning talks because full-length versions of lightning talks will be given in a regular session. About sixteen talks are accommodated in one 90-minute slot. If you wish to organize a Lightning Talk session, let the technical co-chairs know ASAP. Presenters are still required to pay the registration fee.
Other Ideas – Workshops, etc.
If you would like to organize a workshop or field trip, please contact the Technical Program Co-chairs right away. We are looking for creative, original, and compelling ideas.
Before submitting your abstract, please have all of the following information with you:
- Name, title, employer, full mailing address, email address, phone number of the main contact, presenter, and co-presenters. Note: Co-author(s) information will not be collected nor included in the conference program/abstract summaries.
- If you are submitting an abstract for a topical session enter the session code. The topical session organizer will provide this, but the codes are also available to download a PDF here.
- Type of presentation: oral, poster, either oral or poster, panel.
- Abstract title.
- Abstract (350 words or fewer).
- Credit card information for payment of non-refundable abstract submittal fee ($25). Payment of the abstract fee must be made before abstract submission. Multiple abstracts can be submitted but can only be made ONE AT A TIME after paying for each abstract separately. Each abstract is a non-refundable $25 fee.
Membership in AWRA is encouraged but is not a requirement for presentation. However, registration and relevant registration fees are required. Oral and poster abstracts are being sought on any topics dealing with, or related to, water.
Abstract Submission Process - NEW
- Start the abstract submission process by paying the fee here. You must be signed into your AWRA account.
- Do NOT select more than one abstract submission fee at a time.
- After payment is submitted, you will receive a link to the Abstract Submission Form in your confirmation email and on the confirmation page.
- Complete the form and click Submit.
- If you would like to submit another abstract, you may click on the link on the Thank You page.
Find Session Codes
- Purchase only ONE abstract submission fee at a time.
- You must use the same AWRA account to submit the abstract fee and submit the abstract.
- Abstract fees are non-refundable.
The Program Committee will review abstracts for originality, technical merit, currency, and relevance to the Conference topics. Authors' suggestions for topic and format placement (oral, panel, or poster) will be considered, but the Committee will make the final decision. The quality of the submitted abstract will be viewed as an indication of the quality of the presentation. Previous performance or failure to give timely notification of cancellation at previous annual and specialty conferences may influence the decision for acceptance. Abstracts received after the deadline may not be considered or accepted. All conference attendees, including presenters, must pay the conference registration fee.
Before submitting an abstract, authors should be confident they will have funding to pay the registration fee, attend the meeting, and make the presentation. If the presenter finds he/she can't attend, they should try to find another person to make the presentation. If you must cancel your presentation, note that the cancelation date is February 9, 2024 and will be subject to a processing fee of 30% of total fees. If cancelation is unavoidable, the presenter should notify AWRA by February 9, 2024. No refunds will be given after February 9, 2024 but we can transfer your registration to someone else. The transfer must be completed by March 18, 2024. Once the technical program is complete, we cannot accommodate personal schedules. Please note that topics, themes, and sessions arranged for the program are placed where they most make sense for the flow of the entire program. Late cancellations and failure to give scheduled presentations are disruptive and leave gaps in the program that distract all attendees.
If you should have any questions about abstracts, please contact [email protected]
. If you have questions related to conference registration and AWRA Membership, please contact [email protected]