IMPORTANT: In order to receive important communication from the AWRA Team about your conference participation, you must add [email protected], [email protected], and [email protected] to your safe sender list.
NOTICE: This is not a hybrid conference.
UPDATED: May 16, 2022
AWRA Conference App Guide Now Available!
AWRA Conference App Guide
Abstracts Now Available!
Dates & Location
November 7-9, 2022
Stay tuned for more information.
Hyatt Regency Lake Washington
1053 Lake Washington Blvd N
Renton, WA 98056
The official hotel block at the Hyatt Regency Lake Washington is sold out. You are welcome to make reservations at the following hotels, which are within walking distance to the conference site: Hampton Inn by Hilton and Residence Inn by Marriott.
Make sure you are signed up to receive AWRA News
and follow us on Facebook: @NATIONALAWRA
and Twitter: @AWRAHQ
Deadlines & Special Program Dates
- October 28 noon ET: The last day to register for the conference online.
- November 6: 4 pre-conference workshops. Learn more and attend separately or with a conference registration.
- November 8:
- 8:30 - 10:00 AM: Join us for a thought-provoking panel: What are you doing to Improve D or E or I or J?
- 6:30 - 9:30 PM: AWRA takes over the the Seattle Aquarium! Join us for fun and networking! Going to the conference? Add this as a program item to your registration. Local to Seattle and not going to conference? Join us anyway by choosing the option "ONLY Tuesday Night Special Event: Seattle Aquarium" when you sign into your AWRA account. The deadline to register online for the Tuesday Night Event is Friday, October 28. Your ticket includes private access to the aquarium, transportation to and from the aquarium, assortment of gourmet food, and full bar. Note: Transportation is only guaranteed to those who register by October 21. Anyone registering for this event after October 21 will have to arrange their own transportation. Plus, meet and hear from our special event keynote: Maia D. Bellon, Partner, Cascadia Law Group.
- CLOSED: Call for Topical Sessions
- CLOSED: Call for Abstracts and Student Poster Abstracts
The Preliminary Program is now available! View the schedule, session topics, keynote speakers, and more! Click here for the program.
This conference is one of the most diverse and inclusive conferences in water resources management. AWRA provides you with innovative, practical, and applied water resource management solutions, management techniques, and current research. Attendees can expect to hear:
- lessons learned from the implementation of multidisciplinary projects,
- best practices discovered in the design and application of water resource management,
- implications of water policy decisions, and
- research into current and emerging issues.
November 2022 promises to be a special month for AWRA. After 13 years, we return to the Emerald City for our Annual Water Resources Conference. And, for the first time since Salt Lake City in 2019, we will return to the 'live' format. Our 2020 and 2021 virtual conferences were indeed extraordinary and featured all the things only a virtual conference can feature. The Florida State Section worked overtime as it hosted both meetings. But for many of us, Seattle 2022 will seem like a return to more 'normal' times. Like the 2009 meeting, the Washington State Section has assembled a stellar group that promises a return to yesteryear.
The joy of serendipity looms large - seeing a long-lost colleague that you have not seen in years. You'll enjoy the excitement of Sunday field trips to see the sights and situations. Or perhaps your preference is to spend Sunday catching up with friends, learning a new skill at an in-person workshop, or just enjoying the local sights. Students and young professionals (SYPs) are especially welcomed and will find programs oriented to their needs. And don't forget the 'legendary' Monday night icebreaker and the Tuesday evening event organized by the Washington State Section.
The plenary sessions will feature dynamic keynote speakers who will stimulate attendees and challenge long-held beliefs. The concurrent sessions will feature panel discussions, technical sessions and short workshops. You'll get a great panoramic perspective of water issues not only in the Pacific Northwest, but also from around the USA and the world. You will also relish the chance to meet our exhibitors and sponsors and discuss their products and services.
Be part of the 'live' community, conversation and connections! See you in November!